Posts Tagged ‘#leadership’
Announcing our 2022-2023 Chief Academic Officer Cohort
The Hendy team is proud to announce the talented academic leaders chosen to be a part of the 2022-2023 Chief Academic Officer Cohort:
- Dr. Saskia Brown – Harlem Children’s Zone Promise Academy
- Dr. Megan Frankiewicz – Vista College Prep
- Ben Johnson – Ingenuity Prep
- Jeremy Jones – Eagle College Prep
- Crystal Lane – DREAM
- Nate Lowry – Academies of Math and Science
The CAO Cohort is led by Erica Murphy and Jonathan McIntosh. Erica is a member of the Hendy team and former academic leader for Ascend and Jonathan is the current CAO of Prospect Schools and a member of our 2021-2022 CAO Cohort.
The Cohort is a place for leaders to learn, reflect, grow, and share. And to do so alongside other leaders who understand the unique challenges faced by academic leaders today. Over the course of 9 facilitated sessions, CAOs exchange resources, solve problems, and build relationships.
Our goals are for CAOs to:
- Establish a vision of excellence for the CAO role and its components (e.g., vision setting, team building, instructional management, culture building, data analysis, reflection and action-planning).
- Establish relationships with CAOs nationally – participants become “thought partners” and confidantes for each other, during and post cohort.
- Share resources, perspectives, ideas, thoughts, approaches on all things related to the role.
- Receive structured PD on innovative research and ideas.
We look forward to learning alongside these wonderful leader and can’t wait to kick off our first cohort session on September 22nd!